Mobile Plant Fitter, Buckhurst Plant Hire
£Salary Negotiable dependent upon experience & qualifications
Full time, permanent
Buckhurst Plant Hire was established in 1993 by the Walsh family. From our humble beginnings in a small yard with only a handful of machines as our offering the company has grown phenomenally in size since then. Buckhurst, with an annual turnover of £11milion, is now operating from several depots across the UK and Scotland with over 2000 pieces of machinery and plant
Buckhurst now employs over 80 dedicated people across our depots and field-based roles, whilst working hard to retain that small business family feel from the early 90’s.
During this time Buckhurst has developed a strong reputation in the industry for supplying quality plant equipment at very competitive prices. We are distinguished by our outstanding levels of customer service and this has underpinned our growth as well as ensuring a loyal customer base who have relied on Buckhurst for their equipment time and time again.
The company has established itself by working to four brand values, these are: Reliability, Trust, Outstanding Service and Local to You.
Our Mission Statement is to be the customers’ first choice for rental equipment – delivering a top level of service wherever and whenever required through a working culture and environment that allows our staff to develop and make decisions. In doing so they will share in the growth and prosperity of our business.
What’s it like to work for us you ask
We are a very down to earth and fun bunch at Buckhurst and every depot has its own personality and culture.
Everyone has an important role to play within this family run business, whereby you’re not just a number and you’re expected to role your sleeves up and “muck in” so to speak, so you may need a pair of wellies in our plant yards!
ROLE: MOBILE PLANT FITTER
Outline of responsibilities:
The principal role of the mobile plant fitter is to repair, service and inspect Plant and equipment both on customer’s sites and within the depot. This includes equipment from manufacturers such as Takeuchi, JCB, Komatsu, Doosan, John Deere, New Holland, Terex, Hamm, Ammann and Indeco.
· Repair & locate faults with equipment in-line with manufacturer recommendations and in a timely fashion to ensure minimum downtime.
· Service equipment in-line with manufacturers recommendations.
· Carry our PUWER & LOLER inspections for all equipment.
· Follow the procedures and guidelines to ensure compliance with our ISO9001 quality management system.
Professional experience we would like you to demonstrate:
· Previous experience in a similar role.
· Dealership training (manufacturers listed above)
· Understanding of engines, hydraulic systems and electrical systems.
Some of the skills you will have:
· A professionally recognised qualification in plant maintenance and repair (NVQ level 3 or equivalent. Knowledge of Microsoft products (Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Word)
· Excellent communication & organisational skills
· A full UK driving licence
What’s in it for you?
We offer competitive salaries in the industry and treat our staff fairly and as individual people - we really look after you. We don’t hold anyone back and there are many examples of employee promotions within the business and a lot of our employees have been with us many years. We like to train and develop our staff to get the best from them and in return for your hard work and commitment we provide a safe, fun, relaxed and flexible work environment for you to succeed.
Interested in hearing more and coming to join the family? If so, please submit your CV today by emailing Mandy.firstname.lastname@example.org